Saturday 26 January 2013

Wedding Crafts | Decoration | Wish Tree and Luggage Tags

Wedding Crafts|Decoration|Wish Tree and Luggage Tags

Ok, so here is this weekend's Wedding Craft Snippet. This post is all about wedding venue decoration...arguably the most important small detail to create a big effect. For our big day I have focussed on vintage trends as I absolutely love the 1950's/60's and the glamour and sophistication synonymous with that era. Images of vintage suitcases(think Paddington Bear), lace trimmings, pearls and wish trees spring to mind...

I am having a wedding wish tree as a vintage alternative to a traditional guest signing book. This basically involves a collection of branches or a small tree arranged and decorated with strings of pearls/gems etc. The idea is that guests use tags to write down their wishes and words of wisdom for your future together.
http://www.gigglebooth.co.uk/blog/2011/12/01/wedding-wish-trees/
I found this great image on gigglebooth's blog which shows what you can achieve with a few strings of crystals and some customised tags.

As my wedding will feature a vintage suitcase for guests to leave wedding cards in as an alternative to a postbox, I decided that luggage tags would be perfect for guests to hang on the tree branches.

Vintage Luggage Tags Personalised
I found perfect luggage tags on eBay for a few pounds. I then bought a personalised rubber stamp from eBay and a gold ink pad from The Range. I was really pleased with the result!

I have found that venue decoration doesn't have to cost the earth, in fact I would say that most of my favourite items come in at less than ten pounds. When you read my post about wedding favours you will see what I mean!



No comments:

Post a Comment